Monday, February 25, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now- the Snow is Gone!

This is going to be a short post a I am in a hotel room in Georgia preparing for a long day of seminars and conferences. But, I had to mentionhow lovely it is to wake up and put on a short sleeved shirt, knowing that I will not receive frost bite the minute I step outside. So, Georgia's weather gets a gold star, but Delta Airlines gets a minus on the chalkboard. My flight yesterday was delayed over two hours due to a "navigational error" that had to be fixed. Is it just me or does that sound like the pilots were flying blind at some point? Not exactly a comforting thought as I stepped onto the aircraft. Thankfully, I arrived here alive and but, unforunately, I only get to be in the nice weather on breaks from my sales seminars. Oh well, beggars can't be whiners or whatever that cliche is.

The weekend was delightful! We had a blast with Bill and Jan and the girls, enjoying Makayla's basketball game and doing a little shopping. I almost bought a new raincoat, but Brad started ordering baby aspring for his heart when I told him it was $80, so I opted out of the purchase. Taylor and Makayla each got some new outfits which they modeled for us, and later we had a fantastic karaoke sing along in which Bill crooned "Desperado", Jan and I rocked out to "Bohemian Rhapsody" and the girls sang, natch, Hannah Montana. And Brad rapped - kind of. Most of the songs he knows aren't for small children't ears...

After I went to the airport yesterday, the girls, Brad and the grandparents went to the boat show. From what I hear the girls had a great time climbing in all the expensive boats and probably asking if they could have one. Ehhhhh - no. I wish, though. Boy do I wish.

Have a great Monday and I'll talk to you all soon!

No comments: