Thursday, February 14, 2008

I should work for UPS

What a week I had today! After delivering 10 (yes, that's TEN) Valentine's Day cakes and adding a ridiculous 129 miles to my vehicle all in the name of my employment, I am ready to kick back, realx and have my temples rubbed. And be fed some grapes. Not gonna happen, but it's for a good reason; we actually have the girls tonight for Valentine's Day! I'm sure we'll end up eating somewhere uber romantic...does McDonalds take reservations?

Brad and I had a strict "no presents, no flowers, no candy" rule that we promised to adhere to. However, I brought his office a Valentine's cake that I know he partook (is that a word?) in, so am I not therefore entitled to a small, teeny tiny gift myself??? Perhaps I'll get a chocolate shake with my dinner.

I have to say I was surprised by the number of Valentine's Day deliveries I encountered going from office to office today. Candy by the truckloads, roses in mass quantities, and even the occasional Cookie Gram (so cute, by the way). The thing that kind of bummed me out was thinking how many people spent $100 or more on flowers today, when tomorrow they can buy the exact same arrangement for $29.99 and probably have the flowers wrapped in 24 carat gold paper. Hmm, now that I think about it, is it frowned upon to purchase next year's Valentine's Day stuff tomorrow when everything goes on sale? Candy keeps for a year, right??? Be right back, my cheapskate is alarm going off again....

Last night was my buddy Shannon's birthday party. Well, scratch that, she's actually Brad's friend and she became my friend. But she likes me better. I know it. Anyways, we traveled to a dueling piano bar and drank $1.00 drafts while listening to horrible renditions of Elton John, Queen, and the Ohio State fight song. Now that's fun for the whole family. It was actually quite a blast as seen by the pictures below. Happy birthday to Shannon yesterday, Stacy tomorrow, and me on Monday, March the 3rd. See how I cleverly slipped that one in?
Brad gettin' his groove on
One of those drinks is water, by the way.


The most important person of the night...the pole

Me and Libby

Sometimes photo's seem like a good idea....until you see them the next day.





Me and B-rad...listening to the tunes.




Brad and the birthday girl doing "The Shannon."






Shannon with her best friend.






They really are just friends....and she still likes me better.


No comments: