Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm Being Followed...

Yesterday was the final day of my orientation/training here in Atlanta, GA and someone upstairs decided I needed a little taste of home, just to remind me of what I'm undoubtedly coming back to. The two other trainees and myself all went out to Lonestar for dinner last night. After two hours of conversation about the trip here and what we had learned, we decided it was time to head back to the hotel and turn it in. I noticed a lot of buzz going around the restaurant but couldn't figure out what everyone was talking about. Until we got outside. I walked out the front door and was met with a white wonderland. Snow...in Georgia. Looks like Kansas found me after all.

Aside from the snow, the biggest bummer of this trip hasn't even been anything here. It's been at home. Brad got sick almost as soon as I landed. He's got a horrible sore throat and lots of congestion accompanied with a lot of dizziness and headaches. When I talk to him on the phone, it's hard for him to speak so our conversation usually only last about 3 minutes with me talking the majority of the time. (The me talking part is pretty standard anyway, though.) Last night he finally decided to go to the doctor but they were almost closing and couldn't get him in. He's going to try again today, although I am especially worried about him driving in his condition. If a dizzy spell were to hit him, Lord only knows what would happen. Thankfully I'm coming home this evening and will be able to take care of him.

So that's it - the orientation ends at 1.30 this afternoon and I'm outta the land o' peaches at around 6.30 or so (provided my plane isn't having any issues). Have a great Wednesday and if you're in health, say a little prayer for Brad who isn't sharing your good fortune!

No comments: