Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow, snow, go away, come again some -- actually, don't come back!

People, I think mother nature is trying to kill me. I am so done with snow and cold. My lips are chapped, my socks are wet, and I am an un-happy camper. It's time for winter to pack up it's stuff and visit someone who deserves misery - like Britney, perhaps.

For awhile now I've been looking for the bright side on this season, and the only thing I can come up with is my trip to Georgia this Sunday-Wednesday. Granted it's for work and not a vacation, but at least I'll be out of sub-zero temperatures and off the highways. Of course, the bummer is I won't get to be here with Brad and my friends. It's a no win situation.

So, this weekend is much like the last two: we have company! Brad's Dad and step-mom are coming to watch Makayla's second to last baskeball game. I'm bummed the season is ending. Nothing perks up a Saturday quite like a 7 year-old girl trying to shoot from the 3-point line. It's priceless. Plus, a lot of the kids haven't grasped the concept of dribbling and running at the same time, so they just tend to run. It's like a free comedy show. Of course, the best part is when your child gets the ball and scores a basket. Winning the lottery couldn't make me happier...

If you haven't looked in awhile, I (finally) posted a new Hunk on my Hunk or Skunk page, so check it out. It was a good nomination this week! I'm curious if anyone will ever nominate a Skunk??

No comments: