Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Frustration is

buying a new car. I've just about had it. I have a check for a lot of money sitting on my coffee table and all I want to do is buy our car with it. And yet - I can't. Because it isn't ready yet. Last Wednesday our soon-to-be new van was taken to the Topeka Nissan dealership to get a leaky sun roof panel fixed and to be detailed. That was LAST Wednesday, people. A week ago. The new glass panel had to be ordered and the gentleman selling us the car told us it'd be ready early the next week. Call me crazy, but we're at Wednesday. That's mid-week, yes? And we still don't have the car! That would mean the earliest we'll be getting it is Thursday- that's LATE in the week.

Yesterday in my frustration and glory, I called the salesman and asked him if he'd heard anything from Nissan. He said he hadn't, but he'd call and check. We never heard back from him. So - either he never heard from Nissan or he's just being lazy and doesn't want to call and talk to me.

Most of you know it's better to call me and tell me bad news than to let me sit and think about what the news could be. I am prone to thinking the worst. At this point I'm convinced something horribly awful is wrong with the van, they're trying to fix it without us knowing and then it will break again later after the warranty's up and we'll have to pay to fix it. See? Always the worst...

Okay- I feel better now. I would just call Brad and vent to him, but I'm pretty sure he's sick of hearing my conspiracy theories. Second man on the grassy knoll and all that. Maybe I'll have some good news to report tomorrow. For now, I am just going to sit and breathe a little. Ohhhhmmmmmmmm......

No comments: