Monday, March 3, 2008

One Day Closer to God...

Wow, am I really 27 today? It feels like yesterday I was freaking out about 25, and now it's two years later. Brad asked me this morning if I feel older - well, actually his question was a lot more vulgar, but I've edited it for content. I guess my answer would be yes, I do feel a bit older. I think it's mainly because so much happened last year. Getting engaged and married to the most wonderful man in the world, losing my job unexpectedly and being on unemployment for a few months...it's enough to make anyone's head spin. Most people reflect on their year on December 31st, but for me it always seems to be around birthday time. I don't think turning 27 is monumental by any means, but it still feels like it is. Honestly though, I had a long list of things I wanted to accomplish by the time I was 27 and a great deal of them I have managed to do. So, another year over, another just begun...I'm going to go eat the cake Mom and I made last night. Twinkie frosting - my favorite! Now if I could just have some Coldstone Cake Batter ice cream to go with it. Hmm, it's only 9:15 - don't think they're open quite yet.

Brad is feeling MUCH better and made it into work today. I'm so glad he's improving; there really is no worse feeling in the world than watching someone you love be in pain. Feeling powerless to help them is even worse. But, he seems to be getting better by the hour. We spent much of the weekend watching movies and laying around, mostly because he couldn't stand up for more than an hour at a time. Yesterday my Mom and Dad came to visit and took us to Olive Garden (Yum.) for a birthday lunch and I ate way too much. Probably not a good idea considering my metabolism slows down every year!

The biggest bummer of our weekend was not being able to watch Kayla's last game. We called her last night and not only did she make a basket, but she also got to dribble the ball down the court for the first time! And we missed it. We were both pretty bummed that we missed such a monumental first for her, but I guess there's always next year. So...for now we get a little bit of a break in sports, but not for long. Taylor starts soccer April 1st and it will start all over again!! The best news is, for Tay to play soccer it has to be nice outisde. That means spring is on the way! Hallelujah and Holy Moses, I can't wait!!!!

No comments: