Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Power of Positive Thinking- What a Joke!

Okay, so yesterday I was alllll positive this and happy thoughts that, and it seemed like it had all worked. The van was going to be delivered to us from Topeka and all was going to be well. Bull. The van never showed up. So, I'm back to hating the Topeka Nissan dealership with every fiber of my being. I know there's probably a completely logical explanation for why it's taking so long but no one has felt it necessary to share that information with me, so I'm again left to my imagination to dream up what's wrong.

The things that are running through my mind right now...it's scary. I have visions of the van falling apart on the highway when I finally get to drive it. I see the wheels falling off while I'm going 65 mph. I envision the roof detaching from the frame and flying into a bus full of saintly nuns, causing irreparable damage to my chances of impressing St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. I foresee the automatic sliding doors closing too fast and cutting my fingers off at the knuckles as a result of faulty wiring. And worst of worst, I can see the steering going out while I'm nearing a bridge that's on a turn. And off I fly into oblivion, never to be heard from again. Do you see how my mind works? It's amazing I'm not one of those hermit people that won't leave the house.

On a good note, Brad and I took a client and her boyfriend out to dinner at the Bristol in the KC Live District last night. The restaurant was incredible and the food was delicious. Brad had a full lobster (eyeballs and everything) while I enjoyed some blackened chicken penne pasta. Yum. We had a little wine and a lot of laughs and conversation. I forgot how fast red wine effects me though, and by the time we got home I was a little loopy. Mama slept good last night!

I'll be sure to let you know when I hear word on the vehicle. But I wouldn't hold your breath...

No comments: