Monday, April 14, 2008

Chicago, here I come. And Vegas, here comes my husband....

So the hub gets to go to the land of our honeymoon next week! His firm has taken on a huge Vegas project (it's an extension of the project Brad was originally hired for) and it requires a few people from the firm to office out of Vegas on occasion. This Sunday Bradley gets to go! I'm so proud of him for being selected, especially since his boss has shown an enormous amount of faith in Brad over the months that he has been there. Obviously his hard work and dedication to the project has not been over-looked. Now, if I can just put a tracker on him to make sure he stays away from "special ladies" that are legal in Vegas. As if I would need to...

Today I also received an honor in the working world. Every year there's a huge design convention in Chicago called NeoCon. It's essentially a trade's fair for all things interior design. Bolyu (my company) has a booth/room there and generally the most experienced sales people get the honor of attending and showing new products to all the designers. Today I got a phone call from "the boss man" telling me he is unable to attend this year, and he'd like to send me in his place! I was, for lack of a better word, shocked. I have only been with the company since December and there is a long list of sales people that outrank me in longevity with the company. Needless to say, I am super pumped to be going. I'll be meeting designers from all over the world, and even some from here in Kansas City. Wining, dining, schmoozing and boozing will be my motto for the whole trip! Well, maybe not the boozing part, that's for the designers. I just get to pay for it all.

1 comment:

Bess said...

congrats on getting to go to neocon. i don't know much about the show, but i know shannon loves it. have fun!