Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Night of Miracles

Parting the red sea? Raising someone from the dead? Turning water to wine? HA - mere child's play compared to the miracles that occured in our very home less than twelve hours ago!!

Three miracles occurred last night. 1) KU fought their way to become National Champions for the first time in twenty years. 2) I stayed up for the entire game and then some. 3) I'll get to that in just one minute.

Brad and I watched the game last night and I swear I watched the whole thing with my hands over my eyes. After 40 minutes of intense play, KU was down by 3- until Mario Chalmers put up a 3 pointer in the last few seconds of regulation, sending us into overtime. From there, it was smooth sailing and KU clinched the title!! I was jumping up and down screaming and Brad did display a bit of happiness, especially since it was a Big 12 team that won. I can clearly remember 5 years ago having my hopes crushed and destroyed when KU lost to Syracuse in the final big game. This was fabulous restitution for that game! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

The third miracle from last night is something even more important than a basketball game. Something that brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. For those of you who read this blog, you will understand with just a simple picture. Because of my husband's master handy-man skills, my dream has come true. See below...



I'll never be locked out again!!!!

No comments: