Wednesday, April 9, 2008

STOP- in the name of the law!

My brother BJ is training to become a police officer in Junction City. A few days ago he had to undergo the joyous task of being tazed. After it was all said and done he sent the video to everyone he knew, but I'm posting it here as well. I bawled my eyes out when I saw it. True, I have seen tazings before on TV shows or when two idiot college roommates decide to zap each other for the sake of drunk entertainment, and that never fazed me. However, when it's your baby brother getting zapped with 50,000 volts of electricity all in the name of hoping to protect and serve other people, it's a lot more disturbing. I can see why he was required to experience the tazing, though. Obviously if you know how much it hurts, as an officer, you'll be sure to think twice before utiziling it in the field. Either way, you will never catch me training to become a police officer. Ever.

No comments: