Friday, May 30, 2008

Failure with a capital "F"

I would like to take this time to explain to all of you that the person that writes this blog is a complete and utter moron and procrastinator. I cannot do anything that I'm supposed to do when I'm supposed to do it. I thought my procrastination problem was left far behind in the art studios at KU, but this week it has made one helluva comeback.

Below is a brief synopsis of my conversations with myself this week:

Monday: "Hmmm, we're out of food. Better make a grocery run!"
Tuesday: "Kim, you need to get some groceries"
Wednesday: "Really Kim, the fridge is bare. You should get to the grocery store for milk and toilet paper."
Thursday: "Wow, the toilet paper is almost gone. Perhaps you should go to the grocery store."
Friday: "Shit. It's the weekend, your whole day is full and you don't have time to go to the grocery store. Maybe everyone will just use their hands to wipe after using the toilet?"

Seriously, what is wrong with me? How did this week get away from me so fast? Needless to say it is not a great self-esteem day today. To boot, I have a work function tonight and probably won't be home until after the girls have gone to bed. This means Brad is going to come home to discover an empty fridge and hungry children.

On a second procrastination note, I promised a friend (and client) of mine that I'd write her Hunk or Skunk article LAST WEEK. It has not been written yet. I'm so sorry, Samantha. I'm going to go bang my head against the wall....

No comments: