Wednesday, July 23, 2008

road to nowhwere

Ever pull into your driveway but have no clue how you got there? I'm not talking about last weekend when you drank too much Pinot at Blonde and someone dared you to drive home. I'm talking honestly, totally sober and just don't know how you got from A to B? This happened to me today and I have to say, not a comforting thought that I can drive for 25 minutes and not remember so much as a stop light.

This all started as I left one of my favorite design firms this morning. After an amazing presentation with my lovely designers, I walked out to the van and began thinking about all the things that need to get done. I've got loads of piddly stuff to do for work that keeps evading me, the laundry is constantly overflowing and we have nothing but condiments and Red Bull to eat in the house. Next thing I knew I was in a Target parking lot. Okaayyyy...

Obviously something was drawing me to this store, so into Target I walked, with no purpose. At the end of my perusing each and every aisle, I had a can of hair spray for Brad and some chocolates for my next appointment. Satisfied I had everything I needed, (notice there is no food for our house in my cart) I checked out and called Brad to inform him that he now has hairspray. He laughed at me. Apparently three weeks ago he shaved his head, so hairspray is rather superfluous at this juncture. Where have I been?

I'm now safe at home and attempting to get some work underway. Wouldn't it be nice if I could finish all my work and not have a clue how it got completed? Somehow I don't see it happening.

No comments: