Tuesday, August 19, 2008

call me crazy

It's no secret that the weather has gotten significantly cooler in the last few weeks, and yesterday as I sat eating lunch with some of my clients, I heard a song that is usually played during the Christmas season. Preseason football has begun, college football is around the corner, and Brad has his fantasy football draft this weekend. I'm going to say it - consequences be damned. I'm ready for fall. I'm ready for this...


I'm ready for snuggly hoodies, comfy shmumfy Ugg boots (even though I don't have any), cute little scarfs wrapped around my neck, pumpkin scented candles, the colors orange and brown, and most importantly...tailgating. I love the crispness of the air in autumn, mixed together with hot dogs on the grill and a fresh beer in my hand. Wow, that sounded borderline white trash.

Fall is by far my most nostalgic time of year, so don't be surprised if you start seeing a lot of weepy "remember back in the day" posts from me in the coming weeks. Recently I went through a lot of old family photos, and they will most likely be appearing somewhere soon. I didn't say you had to like it, but there it is.

3 comments:

erin said...

fall always reminds me of back to school. good memories. I love fall clothes because back to school clothes were so exciting when we were growing up. ohhhhhhhhh the days back when....

phat bess said...

I have to admit I'm kind of ready for fall too. (knock on wood) As soon as I say that we will be covered with snow so maybe I'm fine with summer for a little longer. :)

antisdel said...

Yeah, I'm not ready for winter yet. Just high 60's temps and a little rain. That's it!