Friday, August 22, 2008

i don't have words...

Last night as the hub and I mulled around Target, I found a sweater that I had to have. It was a bit pricey (even for Target) so I didn't end up buying it, and spent a good five minutes (or an hour) sulking about it. I really wanted that sweater, and it was just my luck that it would be too expensive. Life was so unfair.

Then today, I was stalking some blogs and ran across this one by a fellow KC dweller. She posted an article that literally made me cry for twenty minutes solid. How is this possible? How do people like this exist in the world? It's kind of a bummer way to start the weekend, but it forced me to do something I haven't in awhile. Think. This article makde me feel like a Grade A jackass. There are bigger issues in the world than my sweater collection. Maybe it's time I took a step back and thought about that.

I'd tell you to enjoy the article, but you won't. Unfortunately life isn't a fairy tale; sometimes you have to settle for "Decently Ever After".

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/article750838.ece

3 comments:

Judith said...

I just read the article and went through all the audio interviews. This kind of stuff makes me sick to my stomach, but it's so amazing to see that there can still be hope for the most hopeless of situations. That poor child....at least she's got a chance thanks to those amazing people who have taken her in as her own....

Salmans said...

that's my babysitter's blog. pretty amazing stuff.

antisdel said...

Yeah, I was pretty shocked that people like that could possibly exist! Even though it depressed me, I'm glad she posted it.