Thursday, September 11, 2008

so happy

My dream is on its way to coming true. No, I didn't get a book deal with HarperCollins because of my ridiculous reality star status. BUT, I do get to write an article for a magazine here in KC! I've known about this for awhile, but didn't want to jinx it by talking about it before I positively knew it was going to happen.

My mother-in-law (Janette) knows several people throughout the publishing world. It just so happens one of those people is in Kansas. Knowing how desperate I was to get something (anything) published, Janette graciously called one of her contacts and set up an opportunity for me to meet with an editor about a freelance job. And I got it!! The paperwork for me to sign arrived earlier this week, and once the proverbial red tape is finished, I will get my first real magazine assignment!

The publication is called Shawnee Magazine and is put out by Sunflower Publishing in Lawrence. I will be writing an article for this magazine which highlights the life and styles of Shawnee, KS. Not sure what my story will be yet as the assignments haven't gone out. I'll keep you posted. I'm pretty sure I won't be writing articles a la Carrie Bradshaw quite yet... but you never know what the future will bring!

3 comments:

phat bess said...

Very exciting! Congratulations.

Salmans said...

I think I meant to say WATCH out sjp. really, i need to be edited. Happy writing.

antisdel said...

Thanks to both of you! I am pretty pumped. We shall see, there's always a chance they'll say "um, you can't write. We made a boo bob." :-) Let's hope that doesn't happen!