- "I got new pencils!" is a totally acceptable phrase
- food in the trash takes longer to start smelling
- the electric bill drops for the briefest of weeks
- a bad pedicure can remain a secret beneath socks
- shaving legs becomes relatively optional
- the sun doesn't peek through the curtains on saturday morning until well after 7.00
- "summer's over" sales
- boots. boots. boots.
- paired with scarves. scarves. scarves.
- and jeans. jeans. jeans.
- listening to james taylor with warm cocoa makes more sense in october
- memories are more vivid when you let stillness help you remember
- the best named months of the year are in fall: september, october, november.
- snuggliness is next to godliness
- sweatshirts are back and bigger than ever. although maybe just in my world.
- uggs (which have managed to remain in the store window and not in my closet. ahem.)
- memories of elementary school halloween parties
- fantasy football guarantees (some) snuggling on the couch.
- fall tv (prison break, 24, project runway etc. etc.)
- pumpkin candles, pumpkin lotion, pumpkin piei met the hub in october
- walking hand and hand is always better when the leaves around you are on fire with color
- orange orange everywhere
- i swear to everything holy that i actually morph into a better version of myself in fall
Friday, September 12, 2008
i decided i love fall because: