Friday, September 12, 2008

this morning

i decided i love fall because:
  • "I got new pencils!" is a totally acceptable phrase
  • food in the trash takes longer to start smelling
  • the electric bill drops for the briefest of weeks
  • a bad pedicure can remain a secret beneath socks
  • shaving legs becomes relatively optional
  • the sun doesn't peek through the curtains on saturday morning until well after 7.00
  • "summer's over" sales
  • boots. boots. boots.
  • paired with scarves. scarves. scarves.
  • and jeans. jeans. jeans.
  • listening to james taylor with warm cocoa makes more sense in october
  • memories are more vivid when you let stillness help you remember
  • the best named months of the year are in fall: september, october, november.
  • snuggliness is next to godliness
  • sweatshirts are back and bigger than ever. although maybe just in my world.
  • uggs (which have managed to remain in the store window and not in my closet. ahem.)
  • memories of elementary school halloween parties
  • fantasy football guarantees (some) snuggling on the couch.
  • fall tv (prison break, 24, project runway etc. etc.)
  • pumpkin candles, pumpkin lotion, pumpkin piei met the hub in october
  • tailgating
  • walking hand and hand is always better when the leaves around you are on fire with color
  • orange orange everywhere
  • i swear to everything holy that i actually morph into a better version of myself in fall

3 comments:

Bess said...

my google reader didn't keep your line breaks, so i thought you had lost it. you sounded crazy:

""I got new pencils!" is a totally acceptable phrasefood in the trash takes longer to start smellingthe electric bill drops for the briefest of weeksa bad pedicure can remain a secret beneath socksshaving legs becomes relatively optionalthe sun doesn't peek through the curtains on saturday morning until well after 7.00"summer's over" salesboots. boots. boots.paired"

i was like, "WHAAAAAT!" happy to come over to your page and see you're still relatively normal. :o)

kim said...

HAHAHAHA! That's great. PS- I just looked at Hallmark's web-site and decided I want to write phrases for cards. Then I saw the application process- holy smokes. Obviously it's to weed out slackers such as myself.

Anonymous said...

I should have let you take home my slip on uggs, until you get some hopefully for Christmas. I had forgotten that I had a pair of the slip ons, that I bought 3 years ago, until you commented on my other uggs last Sat.
Missie