Friday, September 5, 2008

thursday shoes


I mean to post this yesterday and never got around to it. Today's selection falls into the "would you or wouldn't you" category. This L.A.M.B. Camden Bootie is a show stopper. You aren't going to wear it and blend into the crowd. I don't even know if I'd be brave enough to slip these booties on. Fortunately I don't have to be too concerned; at $430, even on ebay this shoe is unattainable.


Design wise, I think it's a phenomenal display of how good design can make even the craziest thing seem normal. Check out the little intricate print on the heel. And don't even get me started on the layered petals. That my friends, is called attention to detail, and it's exactly why Gwen Stefani's line of clothing and shoes has done so well. Say what you will about her music (bizarre-0), but the girl's got a flair for high fashion, and she understands what design is all about. Now if she could just make her shoes available for those of us who don't make three grand every hour of the day.

No comments: