Wednesday, September 24, 2008

and then there was light...

I was all sad this morning after my blog entry and really needed a pick-me-up. And I don't mean shots of Jagermeister. Leave it to the editor over at Shawnee Magazine to help me out. My very first freelance magazine article assignment awaited me in my inbox this afternoon after one of my appointments. It was like a little journalistic Christmas gift with shiny pink ribbon. I was ecstatic when I saw it had finally arrived. I kind of wanted to kiss it.

Obviously I'm not going to tell you exactly what the topic is, but let's just say it fits me like a favorite pair of jeans (duh, that's totally a hint). The article will be drop in December in Shawnee Magazine, hopefully just in time for ho ho ho's and tinkling bells. Don't worry, I'll be sure to let you now when it's out and you can knock over old ladies to get to it.

Though totally elated when I got the email today, I was in my car all by myself - with no one to hug. Therefore I am sending out a virtual hug to all of my readers (that's right, all 15 of you!) that take the time to stop by once in a while to hear all about the goings on in Kim's world. This is a pretty cool step in life for me, and I'm very excited and putting lots and lots of pressure on myself. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Erin A. said...

Congrats!

Judith said...

Yay for you! I see a fab, midwestern version of Carrie Bradshaw in the making....!!!!

Bess said...

CONGRATULATIONS!