Wednesday, December 24, 2008

this just happened...

Setting:

Me: sitting at kitchen table working quietly.
Hubs: in living room playing Golf on the Wii. Duh.
____________________________

Aaaaand action:

Hubs: (cursing at his double bogie) Babe, what are you doing in there? Come play golf with me.

Me: I'm blogging really quickly to say I won't be blogging for the next week. And I'm finishing up some emails.

Hubs: Or you're on Facebook.

Me: (screaming) I am NOT on Facebook. (quickly logging into Facebook and updating status.)

__________________________________

BANG, CLACK, CLICK, BANG BOOOOOM!
___________________________________

Me: (seeing that a knife that was balanced on the kitchen counter has fallen onto the floor. All by itself.) HOLY SHIT!

Hubs: What was that?

Me: (laughing) A knife!

Hubs: (Looking at me accusingly) Did you just THROW a knife across the kitchen?

Now hold on, let's back up the truck. Remember that I am SITTING IN A CHAIR while this is happening. I am a good 10 feet away from the kitchen. A loud noise occurs, and Hubs assumes I have taken a knife and THROWN IT.

Me: (sarcastically) Yes, Hubs. For no reason, I picked up a knife from a table where there is no silverware, and threw it across the kitchen. How ridiculous are you? I have to blog about this right now.

Hubs: Go right ahead. I'm sure your bloggers know all about your temper.

Me: I DO NOT HAVE A TEMPER! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!

______________

Anyways...this has nothing to do with anything. I just found it amusing.

And now Hubs is mad at me.

4 comments:

Lacey in the Sky said...

Geez woman... It's Christmas, put down the knives for one day.


:) I am curious as to how the knife jumped off of the counter by itself. It was commiting suicide, i think. The holidays are a hard time.

kim said...

EXACTLY! It literally just jumped from the counter onto the floor. It was like in Ghostbusters when Dana Barret's eggs jump out of the carton and start cooking themselves.

Well, okay. It wasn't THAT dramatic. But still...

little miss optimist said...

Lol, love your posts. Anyways, Merry Christmas!!

Tova Darling said...

Hahaha! Maybe you have a ghost in your house?