Monday, March 16, 2009

the facts of (sweet) life

Random Facts/Advice From Mexico Trip: 2009

* When riding the bus from economy parking to the KCI airport, make sure your driver is not on a secret mission to kill you.

* Personality is not a required character trait for most Frontier Airlines flight attendants.

* When renting a car in Mexico, ask for beer while you wait for your vehicle. They will give it to you.

* Tacking the letter "O" to the end of every word does not make it Spanish. Case in point: "Sand-o" is not the Spanish equivalent for the English word "Sand." Likewise, "La Hammock-o" is not the Spanish equivalent for "Hammock".

* Drinking water from a tap is a hard habit to break.

* Listening to waves sing you to sleep is el good-o.

* When you scream "LIMAS!" at a waiter, he will not realize that you need more limes. He will simply assume you're psycho and drunk. Which you are.

* The ocean delights in pulling off your swimming suit.

* Forget national health care, fresh guacamole every day should be a US law first.

* If you choose to bring your child to Mexico, make sure you have someone for him to play with. Otherwise he may run through a nice restaurant threatning to bite people. Awesome.

* Tequila will make you vomit. A lot.

* ATM machines in Tulum, Mexico are very hungry. They will eat your ATM card and not give it back.

* There are no clocks in Mexico.

* You will never need high heels in any part of Mexico. Don't bring them.

And Some Fun Number Facts from the Mexico Trip: 2009

28: Number of times I said, "the ocean is so pretty!"

50: The percentage of people on our trip that vomited from over-doing tequila shots.

543: Number of times I saw a gecko and called it a Geico.

82: Dollars Hubs and I spent on souvenirs. AMAZING, is it not?

2: Number of times I checked my email. (This number would've been greater if I had access to internet...but still. I'm quite proud of myself for going un-plugged.)

3: Arguements Hubs and I had. Considering we were together 24/7 for over 7 days, I am sure we will last forever. Espeically considering how annoying I can get.

3,000: Square feet in our casa.

12: Amount of avacadoes we estimate our house attendant used each day to make us guacamole.

9: Minutes it took us to eat the guacamole.

5: The least amount of pounds I gained while on vacation.

3: Number of times I had a non-alcoholic drink for breakfast.

1: Days it rained for longer than 8 minutes.

0: Number of times I wanted to come home.

***

Our trip was amazing. Seriously. I don't think I would change one thing about.

Some people wouldn't be able to spend an entire week in the same house with their spouse, let alone their spouses family. I am uber lucky that Hubs' has such cool people in his fam that I get along with.

Pictures will be coming soon! If you're a friend of mine on Facebook, you can check them out. And if you aren't my friend on Facebook, what is wrong with you? Here I am.

Glad to be back, Bloggies! I missed you!

4 comments:

alissa said...

yeah! you're back! sounds like a fabulous time!
cant wait to see the pictures...

Adriana said...

The pictures look amazing. So jealous :)

Lace said...

Glad you're back all safe and sound! I'm still really el-jealous-o of your trip and may or may not hold it against you for a few days.

Anonymous said...

Thank you again for taking care of me while I was "washing" the wall at the bar!! Love the Limas picture on your facebook album. With all the tequilla that we drank that friday night that 50% statistic is still pretty good. I think that the spanish lang. might be easier to figure out if they did just add an o to every word! It certainly would have helped us understand better so Josway wouldnt have to translate. You forgot to mention if all your shorts are missing..... check with the housekeeper.
SIL