Random Facts/Advice From Mexico Trip: 2009
* When riding the bus from economy parking to the KCI airport, make sure your driver is not on a secret mission to kill you.
* Personality is not a required character trait for most Frontier Airlines flight attendants.
* When renting a car in Mexico, ask for beer while you wait for your vehicle. They will give it to you.
* Tacking the letter "O" to the end of every word does not make it Spanish. Case in point: "Sand-o" is not the Spanish equivalent for the English word "Sand." Likewise, "La Hammock-o" is not the Spanish equivalent for "Hammock".
* Drinking water from a tap is a hard habit to break.
* Listening to waves sing you to sleep is el good-o.
* When you scream "LIMAS!" at a waiter, he will not realize that you need more limes. He will simply assume you're psycho and drunk. Which you are.
* The ocean delights in pulling off your swimming suit.
* Forget national health care, fresh guacamole every day should be a US law first.
* If you choose to bring your child to Mexico, make sure you have someone for him to play with. Otherwise he may run through a nice restaurant threatning to bite people. Awesome.
* Tequila will make you vomit. A lot.
* ATM machines in Tulum, Mexico are very hungry. They will eat your ATM card and not give it back.
* There are no clocks in Mexico.
* You will never need high heels in any part of Mexico. Don't bring them.
And Some Fun Number Facts from the Mexico Trip: 2009
28: Number of times I said, "the ocean is so pretty!"
50: The percentage of people on our trip that vomited from over-doing tequila shots.
543: Number of times I saw a gecko and called it a Geico.
82: Dollars Hubs and I spent on souvenirs. AMAZING, is it not?
2: Number of times I checked my email. (This number would've been greater if I had access to internet...but still. I'm quite proud of myself for going un-plugged.)
3: Arguements Hubs and I had. Considering we were together 24/7 for over 7 days, I am sure we will last forever. Espeically considering how annoying I can get.
3,000: Square feet in our casa.
12: Amount of avacadoes we estimate our house attendant used each day to make us guacamole.
9: Minutes it took us to eat the guacamole.
5: The least amount of pounds I gained while on vacation.
3: Number of times I had a non-alcoholic drink for breakfast.
1: Days it rained for longer than 8 minutes.
0: Number of times I wanted to come home.
Our trip was amazing. Seriously. I don't think I would change one thing about.
Some people wouldn't be able to spend an entire week in the same house with their spouse, let alone their spouses family. I am uber lucky that Hubs' has such cool people in his fam that I get along with.
Pictures will be coming soon! If you're a friend of mine on Facebook, you can check them out. And if you aren't my friend on Facebook, what is wrong with you? Here I am.
Glad to be back, Bloggies! I missed you!