Friday, April 24, 2009

break it down

Occasionally I just fall apart.

I'm talking tears falling, snot running, ugly cry fall apart.

It happens to the best of us. The day goes all wrong when you had such high hopes for it to be great. The sun is shining but you're cloudy on the inside. Everything feels upside down and inside out and you can't get anything to focus.

So you fall apart.

It used to be when I experienced moments like these, I had to pick myself up and get on with my life alone.

One of the benefits to falling apart now is I have emotional Scotch Tape in the form of Hubs.

And he puts me back together.

He listens to me cry/talk/sniffle until well past 10.30, even though his newly rented movie is sitting on the coffee table waiting to be watched.

He tells me I'm beautiful, funny, smart.

He tells me everyone has bad days, and it's okay.

He makes me laugh again.

He reminds me that no matter what, he'll be here tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day and the next day....

And that's all I really need to know.

7 comments:

Kim said...

emotional scotch tape--I love that line. LOVE.

Adriana said...

Sounds like someone needs a piece of good chocolate. It really helps.

Kellie said...

That is why hubs are great! Plus they are great to cuddle w/ too. :)

Happy Friday!

alissa said...

im sorry you had a bad day :( was it lunch with me?
i like the scotch tape line too-such a beautiful way to look at it. i hope today is better my love!

Dutch donut girl said...

Everyone needs a little pick-me-up now and then.

erin said...

sweet!

M.Kerkmann said...

I am also blessed to have emotional scotch tape in my life. My life has been doing a lot of sneak attacks on me lately, and he is so good about me demanding 90% of his attention to make myself feel better.

I really do love the scotch tape line. :)