Monday, April 27, 2009

and that's why I married you...

I love weekends where I have absolutely nothing on my agenda save sleeping until well past 9.00 and watching romantic chick flicks while Hubs works on his motorcycle in the garage.

Ahhhhh, bliss.

When I thought it couldn't get any better, Hubs pulled out his magic hat and proved me wrong.

He surprised me by planning a trip to the movies on Sunday night. I've wanted to see "The Soloist" since we saw the previews over three months ago. I didn't think Hubs would want to go so I intended to view it when it released on DVD.






But Hubs is a crafty and clever. And he remembered I wanted to see it.

It did not disappoint.

Granted, I'm biased because I've played the cello for over 13 years and am therefore partial to any film whose main character is a cellist. But this movie was so much more.

I won't get into any spoilers, but I highly recommend you go see it. The colors, the music, the message. They all meld together in a harmony that rivals even the most talented symphony.

(And Hubs was happy because the Guggenheim was in it and it's all architecture-y. Which he loves.)

So thanks, Hubs, for making my weekend a great one to remember. I'll pay you back when Terminator 4 comes out in May.

4 comments:

Lace said...

Haha, isn't that how it always goes? "Babe, suck it up for Sex and The City. Remember Rambo last month? Yeah. You're welcome."

I've been dying to see this movie too! Maybe Boy will take me on one of his days off this week! Here's hoping! If he's not into it I can always bribe him with promises of going to see the Star Trek movie(which actually looks 10 times less annoying than the show, but he doesn't have to know I feel that way)!

Kellie said...

My hubs is often out in the garage working on his motorcycles too! I love it b/c then I can do whatever I want!!! Sleep in, watch TV, take naps... It's great!

alissa said...

ooo ill definitely have to check it out! i agree- weekends with nothing on the schedule are fabulous.

drollgirl said...

what a super husband you have!!! LUCKY!!!!!!!!