Tuesday, May 12, 2009

in other news...

I lost my job.

Well, that's not entirely accurate. I didn't LOSE it. I know exactly where it is. I just can't have it anymore.

Ironic, isn't it?

Hence the break in blogging last week. Sorry, bloggies, I just couldn't get up the will power to do anything but be depressed.

(Hubs may have had to
watch me wallow in self pity for a solid 48 hours. What a champ.)

(However, my mother-in-law bought Hubs and I Dave Matthews Band tickets for September. WOOOT!)

I will say this, though. I find myself handling it well. Mostly because I know it's not entirely my fault. The economy sucks, and my job was to sell stuff that generally gets sold when the economy is awesome.

You do the math.

The worst part is, of course, that I totally loved my job. Seriously. And I was pretty good at it, if I may pat myself on the back for a minute.

The best part of my job was the people. My clients were/are some of the coolest people roaming the earth. They made me feel better when I was down, they could all drink me under the table and they were always glad to see me.

And now I can't see them again for awhile.

(Unless I just show up at their offices psycho-stalker like. It's a possibility.)

But, in the end, I learned more in the 18 months at my company than I learned in every other job I ever had before. That's a whole lotta learnin'.

I am a teensy weensy bit mad. Or maybe just hurt. I thought I had done enough to earn my stay for just a little while longer. But, I was apparently mistaken.

I'll eventually get over it. I left on really good terms with my company, and who knows? Maybe someday I'll be there again when things pick back up. Stranger things have happened.

To get my mind off it, I'll go get my hair done.

I'm gonna wash that job right outta my hair...

9 comments:

Lady Jane said...

That totally sucks!!! I like your attitude though...who knows what is around the corner!!!

Lace said...

Well... that blows to say the least. It would have been one thing if it were a job you didn't really care about or like...but you LIKED your job?! That's rare. Ick, I'm sorry to hear all of this! Hope the hair washin' helps!

Kellie said...

Awwww...that blows. Here's some good vibes coming your way! And keep up your good attitude! You'll find something else in no time!

Adriana said...

Maybe this was just what you needed to get motivated to try something new that you have been thinking about (aka write your book, become a famous blogger, go back to school....) Still sucks though. You always want to be the one to decide to leave not have someone else decide for you. Did your hubs find a job? The economy blows.

Chris said...

Hang in there, it'll get better. You seem to have the right attitude, anyway.

Mocha Dad said...

Keep you positive attitude. Something better is waiting for you.

alissa said...

its not cool at all. you were awesome at your job. but that wasnt necessarily the job - thats just you being your awesome self. and you'll kick ass wherever life takes you next :)
ps you can stop by my office, i will not think you're a stalker.

Anonymous said...

Keep your self confidence and positive attitude and you'll land on your feet soon!

This economy does suck big time!
Love, Aunt Joy

Anonymous said...

Cliche: everything happens for a reason.

Now, please post a picture of your hair :)