Monday, December 7, 2009

a cut above

I'm not what you would call a follower.

(Except for blogging, in which case I follow everyone. Obsessively. Yes, that's right. I'm following you. And you. And you didn't even know it.)

I usually pride myself on going against the grain of the norm. When the skinny jean heroin model trend started up, I refused to participate and purchased extra large knit drawstring pants and a cheeseburger.

When Seventeen magazine told me to be proud of my God-given hair color and leave it alone, I swiftly purchased a $4.00 box of hair dye entitled something like "Eggplant Parmesan" and ended up looking like this:




You get the idea.

(Yes, I had a mustache in this picture. I was only 17 and had not yet become privy to the uses of Nair, Nads, wax, or, clearly, a mirror. Shut it.)

In keeping with my trend of personal trail blazing, I did it again this weekend. In a world full of Grow-Your-Hair-To-Your-Ass or Buy-$5000-Extensions-To-Make-Your-Hair-Look-Like-It's-Grown-To-Your-Ass messages, I opted to chop my hair off on Saturday.

This was not a well thought out decision.

First of all, I live in Kansas. It is WINTER TIME. So far this year, our fine state has managed to avoid an all-out snow fest.

So far.

Apparently Mother Nature, in all her infinite wisdom, took it upon herself to patiently wait until I removed approximately 5" of hair insulation around my neck to dump a snow storm on the city. Therefore, on Wednesday, if you happen to see a crazed lunatic with an out-of-season bob haircut pumping her fist at the sky and screaming "WHY dammit? WHY?", it's me...

Secondly, I recently bought a brand new Chi flat iron.

It wasn't cheap.

Now I have an outrageously expensive piece of hair styling equipment, perfect for my really long hair...when a $9.00 hot pink Conair piece of shit will do just fine.

I am so brilliant.

On a side note have having nothing to do with anything, I have approximately 15 ridiculous silver gray hairs IN THE MOST OBVIOUS PART OF MY HEAD.

I'm off to get some more Eggplant Parmesan hair dye...

8 comments:

Creative Montage said...

I did the same thing. I didn't take into consideration the static factor. I look like I constantly have my hand over one of those scary-science-let's-simulate-lightening-thingamabobbers. You know, the giant glass sphere that you rub your hands on? Sigh.

Leah said...

Even though the timing may not have been the best, you can still rock a cute haircut!

色彩 said...

無碼影片,情人視訊,正妹牆,聊天室,ut聊天室,視訊聊天室,情色,微風成人,豆豆聊天室,視訊美女,85cc成人片,85cc成人片觀看,交友戀愛進行室,嘟嘟成人網,成人,色情,美女,色情小說,情色貼圖,情色小說,交友覓戀會館,情色文學,交友104速配網,視訊交友,成人韭南籽,18成人,ut男同志聊天室,成人圖片區,交友104相親網,0951成人頻道下載,男同志聊天室,成人貼圖,成人影片,tt1069同志交友網,成人視訊,aio交友愛情館,情色視訊,情色視訊,色情遊戲,交友戀愛小站,

robinchollaway said...

成人貼圖,成人影片,tt1069同志交友網,成人視訊,aio交友愛情館,情色視訊,情色視訊,色情遊戲,交友戀愛小站,jp成人,熊貓貼圖,成人圖片,美女遊戲,情色自拍,漫畫貼圖,成人電影,成人文學,視訊,情色論壇,聊天,免費視訊,666成人,玩美女人影音秀,尋夢園聊天聯盟,pc交友,4u成人,情色視訊聊天室,歐美免費影片,小高聊天室,0204貼圖區,成人漫畫,免費成人影片,聊天室ut,色情影片,成人貼圖站,69成人,6k聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,貼圖片區,女同志聊天室,

Barb said...

Kim, you are hilarious... Love it.

My sister still has the eggplant Parmesan hair... or she did not too long ago. :)

Let's see this new 'do!

amy said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ikazabylu.ibnsites.com/etirutak.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

said...

網路交友視訊情人影音聊天室電話交友色情圖片丁字褲辣妹做愛教學影音視訊網性感辣妹交友免費觀看色情片情色視訊線上做愛影片無名正妹牆影音視訊網視訊辣妹線上做愛辣妹視訊視訊美女美女視訊聊天視訊情人援交友聊天室