Thursday, December 30, 2010

survey says...

I thought I was done blogging for 2010, but decided to squeeze one more post in. 

(Mostly because Hubs leaves for work at 6.15 and I can't go back to sleep and need something to do before diving into work for the day.)

I saw this survey on Perfectly Cursed Life and decided it was worth filling out.  I love fill in the blanks, which is maybe why I never turn down an opportunity to do a Mad Lib...


End of 2010 Survey:
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?


Climbed 7 very intense waterfalls in the Dominican Republic on vacation in December.  Exhilerating, crazy, scary and wonderful.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


See yesterday's post.



3. What countries did you visit?


The Dominican Republic.
4. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?


More time with our daughters, and a sold house.

 5. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?


I seriously don't have one.  I'm beyond awful with dates.  I did have many days throughout the year that will be etched in my memory.  I just don't know what the actual dates are.


6. What was your biggest achievement of the year??

Getting three new magazine writing gigs, all in one month.  Hard work and passion really do pay off.


7. What was your biggest failure?

Not speaking my mind at times when I definitely should have.


8. Did you suffer illness or injury?


I had a sore throat at Thanksgiving. I suffered many inuries, all at the expense of clumsyness. Thankfully none were life threatening.


9. What was the best thing you bought?

I can't tell.  It's Hubs' 30th birthday present.  I'll have pictures later...


10. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My friend Tracy.  I saw some big changes in her attitude and look on life. We had a rough go for awhile, but we seem to have come out the other end with a smile.



11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?


Whoever decided to post really nasty comments about me and my family on this blog.  Also a few other people, and they know who they are.


12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?


Our trip to the Dominican Republic. And my first work trip to go see a Packer's game in Green Bay. And seeing my work in print for HerLife Magazine, Shawnee Magazine, 435 South Magazine, and Generation Boom.
13. What song will always remind you of 2010?


"California Girls" by Katy Perry and anything from Lady Gaga's "Monster" album.
14. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?

This last year was really, really hard.  Hubs' was out of work, we felt like we were in limbo with the basement not being finshed, and things seemed out of sorts.  Now I feel like the world is starting to come back into focus. But it's an adjustment period. We still haven't sold our house, I still feel like we're getting the shaft when it comes to custody with the girls, and we're having to play catch-up with bills and finances from the year that Hubs was unemployed.  But we're getting there...so I'm going to say I'm happier and more hopeful toward the future.

15. What do you wish you’d done more of?


I need to try more adventurous endeavors.  The waterfall climbing in the Dom Republic was a real eye-opener.  Yes, I had help climbing the falls, but I did it.  It was by far the most dangerous thing I've ever done, and I loved every second of it.  I think I'd like to see what else I'm capable of this year. I just might surprise myself.

16. What do you wish you’d done less of?


Stress the eff out.

 
17. How will you be spending Christmas?


Spent it with family and the girls.


18. Did you fall in love in 2010?


I fall in love with Hubs every day.


19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I strongly dislike a few people, but I try not to focus on it.



20. What was the best book you read?


I re-read "The Devil Wears Prada" after a two year hiatus, and I liked it just as much as the first time I read it.
21. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Justin Bieber.  Oh wait, greatest?  I thought that said most annoying.




22. What did you want and get?

A better understanding and more confidence in my job, a deeper relationship with Hubs, and a lot of cheese.  I got them all.


23. What did you want and not get?


A thinner waistline while eating lots of cheese.


24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?


I turned 29 on March 3, and I honestly can't remember what we did.  I think Hubs and I went out to dinner.


25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?


Finishing my novel.


26. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?


Comfort and practicality over high fashion, mostly because of our budget constrictions. I didn't buy a lot of new clothes this year. 2010 was definitely a sweatshirt year.  However, I got great boots from Hubs for Christmas, so I might be coming out of that funk.


27. What kept you sane?


Lots of music, Hubs and my friends.


28. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?


I always really dig Diane Keaton this time of year.  Mostly because I watch "The Family Stone" about 13 million times.

I've also become a fan of Giuliana and Bill Rancic.  Don't laugh.  I watch their show on the Style Network, and I'm a fan of their relationship.  I think they both seem like very grounded people who love each other and work at their relationship every day.  Watching their infertility struggles is sad, and it makes me wonder what kinds of struggles Hubs and I will face as we go forward in life. Whatever they are, I know we can handle them together.
29. Who was the best new person you met?

I met a super cool client this year, hoping to further our business relationship as we go along.


30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010?


Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming....

No comments: