Monday, March 7, 2011

think before you acronym

Instant messaging with a colleague of mine last week:


Me: So yeah, that's what's new with me. I'm excited for my birthday weekend. Going to relax as much as possible!

J: 30 isn't that bad, trust me.

Me: So says everyone. OH, get this! I totally have to get STD insurance! That's probably another $50-$75 a month.

J: ???

Me: Short Term Disability

J: OH! Wow, I just saw STD and thought that wasn't a conversation you should be having with me.

Me: I don't even think there's such thing as STD insurance for what you're thinking, dirty mind!

J: If there is, I don't want to know about you needing it!

***

I had an AMAZING 30th birthday surprise party this weekend. Hubs' completely pulled it off despite my constant snooping for the last few months. I hope to have picture soon. Thanks to all my friends and best buddies that came out. It was definitely a birthday to remember forever.

2 comments:

AshR said...

Once I was IM-ing a male friend about feeling uneasy due to PMS and all the while he thought I was talking about Portfolio Management System! I have no idea how he got that.

P said...

Hahaha!

Happy belated birthday, by the way!